Flood in Veneto (Italy) 2010
On Monday 1st October the Italian region Veneto is hit by a flood which causes many damages. The first symptoms of the emergency are on the road conditions. At the first hours of the morning the highway between Verona and Vicenza is closed causing many problems to the traffic, because this is a very important road of connection between the North of Italy with the East of Europe.
The company who works for the maintenance of the highway calls the Gerotto Federico company for the emergency. Two Suction Excavators with the special equipment Gerotto LAVASPYRA clean the road from the mud thanks to suction power. After the cleaning it is possible to re-open the highway.
We thought to equip Suction Excavator ESE 32/8 - which was already known as high power suction excavator - with a cleaning and suction system and high pressure water. We called it Lavaspyra (Clean-suck) to make its characteristics more unmistakable.
Brand new in the field of suction excavators, this machine combines a cleaning and a suction system of dirty surfaces, giving high productivity and low water consumption. The well known suction ability, combined with a high pressure rotating nozzle system, allow the removing of any material from paved surfaces (draining asphalts included), obtaining a deep cleaning of the road surfaces.
Air Filtering Plant
- Cleaning: compressed air automatic cleaning
- Filter material: 100% PES
- Filtering surface: 140 m²
- Volume of container: 8 m³
- Material: steel, with stiffening profiles
- Emptying: lateral flap, VA drip edge
- Power of compressed air: 4.5 m³/min
- Pressure: 8 bar
- Driving: hydraulic, with automatic regulation
- Total width: 2.5 m
- Cleaning width: 2.4 m
- Water pressure nozzles: rotating, with separated driving
- Rotation: 200 - 1,000 l/m, adjustable
- Pump performance: 90l/min, 400 bar or 118 l/min 280 bar
- Water pressure: 0 - 200, adjustable
- Suction connection: diameter 2x250 mm
- Lateral shift width: about 0.5 m
- Cleaning performance: max 10,000 m²/h, depending on the pollution level
- Hydraulic frame: speed from 0 to 6 km/h, with continuous regulation
The production per hour of the new Lavaspyra machine, which fields of application are roads and motorways, great square, mines, pits and steel industry, can be up to 10,000 m²/h, always depending on the quantity and quality of dirt.